Finding the perfect balance between work and wellness is achievable without sacrificing life’s pleasures. Here are a few tips to help you out!
The 80/20 Rule
I’ll let you in on a secret: you don’t have to maintain a 99% healthy diet or practice good habits relentlessly as long as you follow the 80/20 rule. This rule suggests that maintaining good habits 80% of the time allows some leeway during the remaining 20%, without having a significant negative impact. In other words, it’s okay to occasionally indulge in coffee, chocolate, wine, or gaming.
If the 80/20 rule seems too rigid, that doesn’t mean you have to stick to it religiously. Instead, embrace moderation. For example, instead of applying the 80/20 rule daily, consider adopting it on a weekly basis. You could maintain good habits and a healthy lifestyle for six days a week, and then, if you want, you can let loose a little. Go out for a drink with friends or stay in and order your guilty pleasure. The point is, moderation is key and it’s up to you how you want to build it into your healthy lifestyle! Community is also an important aspect of a healthy lifestyle.
Honesty and Accountability
Be realistic; we are not wired to always perform at 100% of our capacity. Know your limits and allow yourself to relax. However, it is equally important to be disciplined. You know yourself best. If you need more rest days, that’s okay.
Life Beyond All or Nothing
Remember, time flies. While earning money is important, not having the time to enjoy it can be frustrating. It’s essential to relish life’s pleasures, as they make life special and meaningful. If you spend all your time behind a desk, you might become miserable and miss out on life.
Seeking Support and Guidance
If you find you and your staff are struggling to strike a balance and need assistance, don’t hesitate to seek support. Book a call with me to discuss your company’s needs.